When was the last time you gave really good thought and attention to your dental care? The last time you visited the dentist and got bad news? Though dental hygiene is something we do every day, we often take for granted that what we're doing, and how we're doing it is enough. However, you may be making some common oral hygiene mistakes that could be adding to the bad news at the dental office. Try to avoid making these often made errors when brushing your teeth:
- Brushing too hard or too often. Vigorously brushing can lead to increased sensitivity and receding gums.
- Flossing too hard. Don't snap the floss between your teeth but guide it gently through in a zig-zag motion.
- Brushing too soon after a meal. Food acids weaken tooth enamel. Brushing immediately after a meal helps to remove some of the enamel from your teeth. Give your enamel time to re-harden by waiting at least 30 minutes after you've eaten.
- Not replacing your toothbrush on a regular basis. Try to remember to replace your toothbrush every three months as bristles wear out and lose their efficacy.
- Eating ice. Chomping on ice can actually cause tiny little fractures in the surface of your tooth which allows the growth of bacteria.
As a leading internet source for dental care products, MrMedic.com strives to make sure that you are able to conveniently shop our online store for all of your family's dental and health care products, saving both time and money.